Monday, January 18, 2010

forgiveness

I have a good relationship with my family. Sometimes we have disputes or arguments but I still love them. Love is seeing past all the bad things and forgive them despite what they said. No family is perfect.

Corrie ten Boom is our prime example on forgiveness. It wasn't her family that caused problems. It was the Nazi government who put her family in a concentration camp where her sister and father died. But still, even though it was hard, she forgave them. Then God blessed her greatly and she got to travel around the whole world to tell others about the power of forgiveness. My favorite example, that Corrie used in her talks, is a piece of paper and a dot on it. Most people would say that they would just see the dot but Corrie saw the rest of the paper. You see most people focus on the bad of people like their family and what they did to them, but Corrie focused on the rest of paper which is all the good of that person. That my friends, shows forgiveness.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I had never heard the example about the dot and the paper. If we all focused on the paper instead of the dot, what an awesome example to the world we would be of what Christ calls His followers to be!
    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that example Micaela! Your blog looks like you.:) I'll enjoy reading it. If you want you can go to my blog I started a few months ago -www.onceuponatime14.blogspot.com
    I'd like your opinion on it:)

    ReplyDelete